Business Support Officer
Integrated Childrens Service Business Support are recruiting a Business Support Officer to work within our Central Monitoring & Compliance team. Before we get to the job specifics, we’d like to put our cards on the table and outline our offer.
- A starting salary of £20,595 with annual performance related pay increases
- Option to enrol in the Local Government Pension scheme with KCC contributions totalling 21.3%
- 26 days paid annual leave per year (rising to 28 after 5 years of service) + bank holidays + a concessionary day
- A range of flexible leave options to help you manage your work/life balance such as Carers leave, Maternity leave, Personal Leave, Timeout/career break, Study leave, Religious observance
- Flexible working – work from home or office as required and we’ll provide you with the kit needed to work remotely
- Staff discounts on a range of leisure products and services through our Kent Rewards programme
Who are we looking for?
It is essential that you have some experience and skills in line with those outlined within the Job Description. However, we are more interested in your potential and aptitude for learning.
Staff within Central Monitoring & Compliance play a vital role in supporting a range of front-line Business Support staff and practitioners across teams such as Childrens Social Work, Youth Justice, Children’s Centres, Adolescent Social Work and School Attendance & Inclusion – naturally with such a broad spectrum of provision, we place a big emphasis not only on your initial induction but also your continued professional learning and development. When you join us you’ll receive:
- A bespoke induction plan specific to your role + access to the ICS training directory
- Regular supervision/1-1s with your line manager
- A Personal Development Plan used to map out your training, development and career objectives for the year ahead (and beyond)
- Access to accredited learning such as level 3/4/5 apprenticeships in Administration, Operational Management, Project Management or Customer Service
- Membership to a dedicated Microsoft Teams page for ICS Business Support which is used as a forum for colleagues to share ideas, best practice and answer queries
- Access to a range of KCC staff groups providing support and development opportunities to staff across our diverse workforce
This post is subject to a Basic Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
This post is considered by KCC to be a customer-facing position. The Council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English/Welsh sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the Job Description/Person Specification.
If you’re passionate about helping to improve outcomes for the children of Kent, if you’re a quick learner and able to work at pace, we’d love to hear from you.
As part of our recruitment process, we will be holding an assessment morning from 10:00 until 13:00 on Thursday 13th October at Invicta House, Maidstone, ME14 1XX.
If you have any queries regarding this role or the application process, please contact Katy Pegg, Business Support Lead. Katy.Pegg@kent.gov.uk or 03000 412362.
About the Company
KCC is committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the county's working residents, encouraging applications from people of all ages, abilities, genders, sexual orientations, ethnic backgrounds and faiths, and aspires to create an inclusive workplace where everyone can be themselves at work.
Please note – if you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as the closing date for this advert may be earlier than stated should a number of suitably qualified candidates apply.