We are looking for a Social Worker to join our creative and forward thinking Family Finding Team.
As a member of the team you will ensure every child with a plan of adoption is supported and matched with the right family. Within this service we are developing new ways of working, ensuring every child’s needs are identified and that there is a bespoke plan of support in place to help every child grow
n within their family. The team works closely with the children's social workers across Bexley, Kent and Medway by offering specialist advice at every stage of a child’s adoption journey. This post will include undertaking direct work with children and the post holder will take a lead in working with older children and children who are part of a sibling group.
Skills we are looking for:
• Inspiring social work practice to promote the best outcomes for every child
• An interest in partnership working across 3 different LAs in South East
• The ability to work across APSE to ensure the best use of resources
• Knowledge of childcare legislation, statutory guidance and Child Protection Procedures
• Ability to work flexible hours to fit with the needs of young people and families -occasionally including evening and weekends as required
• An ability to present complex information in writing and in person.
• Undertake confident analysis and decision making
• Work with Case Management systems and ensure management information in maintained.
• Experience of completing together or apart sibling assessments, completing direct work with children and writing Child Permanency Reports
Your social work qualification – CQSW, DipSW or equivalent – must be supported by professional registration and relevant post-qualification experience. This experience should include adoption or permanency planning and joint working with partners in the statutory, private and voluntary sectors. You should have an understanding of safeguarding procedures, legislative frameworks and social work theories relating to child services.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure application to the Disclosure and Barring service and registration as a qualified Social Worker with Social Work England
This post is considered by KCC to be a customer-facing position. The Council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English/Welsh sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the Job Description/Person Specification.
Closing date 16th February 2023 , interviews on 23rd February 2023
For further information on this role please contact Karen.Stoodley@Kent.gov.uk
About the Company
KCC is committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the county's working residents, encouraging applications from people of all ages, abilities, genders, sexual orientations, ethnic backgrounds and faiths, and aspires to create an inclusive workplace where everyone can be themselves at work.
Please note – if you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as the closing date for this advert may be earlier than stated should a number of suitably qualified candidates apply.