Project Officer (Business Infrastructure)
The Broadband Team have an exciting opportunity for a highly-motivated individual to work as a project officer supporting the broadband delivery programme. This programme has multiple delivery strands including contract work with suppliers, relationship management with communities and demand-led voucher schemes.
As part of the Council’s broadband team, you will be involved in delivery of the project on a day-to-day basis, working alongside the Project Manager and Project Director. The role will include:
- Monitoring the project progress against key milestones and capturing impacts and results and producing high quality reports.
- Researching, evaluating and providing expertise, advice and support to senior managers.
- Leading on the delivery of specific workstreams
- Ensuring project activities are delivered on time and within budget according to the project work plan.
- Assuring supplier delivery against contractual targets.
You will possess excellent interpersonal, numerical and written skills, have an excellent eye for detail and awareness of Data Protection, Freedom of Information and transparency and confidentiality issues. As a proven team player you will also be passionate about delivering excellent customer service and achieving the best outcomes for Kent residents and businesses.
This post is considered by KCC to be a customer-facing position. The Council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English/Welsh sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the Job Description/Person Specification.
Interviews will be scheduled TBC
If you are interested in taking on this challenging role and would like an informal discussion or further information, please contact:
Jill Fulcher 03000 415324
About the Company
Please note – if you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as the closing date for this advert may be earlier than stated should a number of suitably qualified candidates apply.