Youth Hub Delivery Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen in Sevenoaks District, for a Youth Hub Delivery Manager, within the Early Help Youth Open Access arm of KCC Integrated Children’s Services.
KCC has a Youth Hub in each of the 12 Districts across the County working with children and young people aged 8-19 (25) years and their families. Youth Hubs are where young people can come to meet friends, learn new skills, and have opportunities to participate in a wide range of activities and youth achievement awards. We offer a range of groups as well as one-to-one bespoke interventions with individuals who require additional support.
We are further developing our virtual offer. We also deliver youth outreach work across the wider District. KCC works to a Contextualised Safeguarding model for safeguarding adolescents.
- Hold a recognised professional qualification with work background in youth work.
- Ability to build rapport and engage young people in the service.
- Experienced in management of a team of staff, taking personal and professional responsibility for your actions and performance and those of your team.
- Ability to interpret data and meet targets in line with District and County priorities and translate this into action for the delivery of inclusive and quality youth provision.
- Adept in managing budgets, building and resources for the successful operation of the Hub.
- Up to date knowledge of developments and trends in youth work.
- Knowledge in Contextual Safeguarding framework and approaches.
- Track record of partnership working across a variety of partner agencies in meeting needs of young people.
- Experience in youth participation and co-production work with young people.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation including safeguarding and regulatory frameworks.
- Passionate about changing outcomes for young people.
In return, you will join an established team and work with supportive colleagues in actively delivering to the Early Help agenda for young people.
Please see the job description and person specification for details of the post and technical requirements of the job.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The role requires you to be mobile throughout a wide operational area including travelling around the county of Kent. The ability to travel across a wide geographical area in a timely and flexible manner at various times of the day is essential.
This post is considered by KCC to be a customer-facing position. The Council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English/Welsh sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the Job Description/Person Specification.
For further information on this role, please contact Tim O'Brien - Tim.O'Brien@kent.gov.uk
About the Company
KCC is committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the county's working residents, encouraging applications from people of all ages, abilities, genders, sexual orientations, ethnic backgrounds and faiths, and aspires to create an inclusive workplace where everyone can be themselves at work.
Please note – if you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as the closing date for this advert may be earlier than stated should a number of suitably qualified candidates apply.