Support Worker - Rusthall residential service
We are looking for x3 Support Workers to join our team at Rusthall residential service in the village of Rusthall near Tunbridge Wells. These are 27 hour per week positions.
Rusthall offers short break stays for up to five people giving them and their caregiver a break. It’s a really rewarding role and due to the service offering short breaks you get to know lots of different people who come and stay at Rusthall, every stay is different.
The support worker role requires shift work, which includes morning, evening, weekends, and nights.
You will be able to work within a team and on your own, sharing our commitment to providing the best care and support to the people coming to our service.
The yearly salary is between £23,801 to £25,262 pro rota and with enhancements for bank holidays, sleep in duties and the potential to work overtime for enhanced money, it does increase the basic salary.
We also have other financial benefits to offer for example:
- Kent Rewards (including Childcare Vouchers, Cycle 2 Work and high street shops discounts)
- 10% discount at Adult Education
- a great annual leave entitlement of 27 day pro rota plus bank holidays
- and the ability to apply for the Bluelight scheme for further day to day purchase discounts
Once you have completed a thorough induction you will provide support and respond to each person to ensure their safety whilst providing them with the comfort, stimulation, and reassurance to make each visit an enjoyable stay.
- You will need to hold a Level 3 Diploma in Health & Social Care (or equivalent) or be willing to work towards achieving this within two years of employment.
- You will also be expected to complete your Care Certificate if you do not already hold this.
- You will have experience of supporting people with learning disabilities and/or Autism.
- You will possess knowledge of safeguarding.
- You must be able to take personal and professional responsibility for your actions and performance.
In return, you will be provided with an ongoing programme of training and development and be provided with regular supervision support to enable you to confidently progress your career.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK
This post is considered by KCC to be a customer facing position. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the immigration Act (2016) to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English/Welsh sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the Job Description/Person Specification.
To be considered for this role, please use the reasons for applying section within the job application to demonstrate your skills and experience relevant to the job description and person specification for the post; applications will be assessed against this.
For further information on this role please contact:
Liz King - 03000 412579
Call direct to the service on 03000 415220
About the Company
KCC is committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the county's working residents, encouraging applications from people of all ages, abilities, genders, sexual orientations, ethnic backgrounds and faiths, and aspires to create an inclusive workplace where everyone can be themselves at work.
Please note – if you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as the closing date for this advert may be earlier than stated should a number of suitably qualified candidates apply.