Adult Short Breaks Services:
Service Coordinator, Whitstable Road, Canterbury
An exciting opportunity has arisen due to promotion.
We are recruiting to a service coordinator position at one of our five adult short breaks services in Kent.
Whitstable Road supports overnight stays for people from the age of 16 years who have an eligible care and support need under the Care Act. These people will present with a learning disability, physical disabilities, autism, behaviours of concern or sensory impairments.
You will be responsible for supporting the management of the service and staff team with their development and training to enable them to support people to an exceptional person centred standard to achieve their desired outcomes.
The service can support up to 4 people for overnight stays and is situated on the outskirts of Canterbury.
To apply for this position, you will have:
- a proven experience of supporting people who present with learning disability, physical disabilities, autism, behaviours that challenge or sensory impairments
- achieved a level 3 diploma in health and social care or equivalent
- hold a level 5 diploma or be willing to work towards this
- the managing in Kent award (previously known as Kent Manager) or willing to complete within two years
- supported teams providing supervision, appraisal
- supported the performance, and capability process
- a sound knowledge of the relevant acts and regulations as listed in the job description, with a keen focus on the Health and Social Care Act, Health and Safety Act and Care Act
- some experience of budgeting and working within cash limits
The position is 37 hours a week and would mean you working a 9 to 5 work pattern, Monday to Friday, however there may be occasions when you would be required to support shift cover to ensure the service meets the needs of the people staying at the service.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
This post is considered by KCC to be a customer-facing position. The Council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English/Welsh sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the Job Description/Person Specification.
For further information on this role please contact Trudi Cadman 0300 041 0806 email@example.com
About the Company
KCC is committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the county’s working residents, encouraging applications from people of all ages, abilities, genders, sexual orientations, ethnic backgrounds, faiths and those with caring responsibilities, and aspires to create an inclusive workplace where everyone can be themselves at work.
Please note – if you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as the closing date for this advert may be earlier than stated should a number of suitably qualified candidates apply.