Senior Practitioner - Out of Hours Service
An exciting opportunity has arisen within Kent’s Front Door Out of Hours Service, and we are seeking to recruit to our highly motivated, friendly and supportive Team!
The Out of Hours Service provides essential Social Work cover for children and adults across Kent and Medway. The role provides a unique opportunity to broaden Social Work knowledge and skills, as well as offering an alternative to standard day time working hours.
The successful candidate will manage and respond to complex and urgent cases to a high standard, have the ability and skills to deputise for the team manager when required and be able to work independently as well as part of a small team .
We are therefore looking for a Senior Practitioner who;
• Is able to work evenings, nights, Weekends and Bank Holidays.
• Is committed to maintaining high standards.
• Is resilient, flexible, adaptable, forward thinking and positive about improving services outside normal working hours.
• Is able to work at speed and under pressure, whilst maintaining excellent risk assessment skills.
• Has excellent leadership skills, communication skills and is competent in and committed to the use of Information Technology.
• Has proven experience of or is interested in broadening their knowledge and skill base to incorporate working with Adults, including Adult Protection.
• Is looking for a change from the 9–5 routine and new professional challenges.
• Is able to cope with the demands of shift working outside of usual office hours.
• Applicants are required to hold a Degree in Social Work, CQSW/DipSW or equivalent, and must be registered with Social Work England.
KCC offer an attractive benefits package. This includes an unsociable hours fixed market premium payment (pro rata where applicable), alongside retention and car allowances where eligible as well as a range of exciting training opportunities demonstrating Kent’s commitment to continual improvement and practice development.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure application to the Disclosure and Barring service and registration as a qualified Social Worker with Social Work England.
This post is considered by Kent County Council to be a customer facing position. The Council therefore has a statutory duty under part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English/Welsh Sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the job description/person specification.
For more information, please contact:
Bryony Khadaroo, Service Manager, 03000 422259
About the Company
KCC is committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the county's working residents, encouraging applications from people of all ages, abilities, genders, sexual orientations, ethnic backgrounds and faiths, and aspires to create an inclusive workplace where everyone can be themselves at work.
Please note – if you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as the closing date for this advert may be earlier than stated should a number of suitably qualified candidates apply.