Senior Practitioner - Out Of Hours Team
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Front Door Service, and we are seeking to recruit to our highly motivated, friendly and supportive Out of Hours team.
The Out Of Hours Service provides essential Social Work cover for children and adults across Kent and Medway children’s services. The role provides experienced Social Workers with a unique opportunity to broaden their Social Work knowledge and skill base as well as offering an alternative to standard day time working hours.
We are looking for experienced Children & Families/Child Protection Senior Practitioners who;
• Are able to work evenings, nights, Weekends and Bank Holidays.
• Are committed to maintaining high standards.
• Are resilient, flexible, adaptable, forward thinking and positive about improving services outside normal working hours.
• Are able to work at speed and under pressure, whilst maintaining excellent risk assessment and prioritising skills.
• Have excellent communication skills and are both competent in and committed to the use of Information Technology.
• Are interested in broadening their knowledge and skill base to incorporate working with Adults, including Adult Protection.
• Are looking for a change from the 9–5 routine and new professional challenges.
• Are able to cope with shift working.
KCC offer an attractive benefits package which includes an unsociable hour’s enhancement, alongside retention and car allowances where eligible.
This post is considered by Kent County Council to be a customer facing position. The Council therefore has a statutory duty under part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English/Welsh Sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the job description/person specification.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure application to the Disclosure and Barring service and registration as a qualified Social Worker with Social Work England.
For more information about the role, please contact Bryony Khadaroo, Service Manager - Front Door Service on 03000 422259
About the Company
KCC is committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the county's working residents, encouraging applications from people of all ages, abilities, genders, sexual orientations, ethnic backgrounds and faiths, and aspires to create an inclusive workplace where everyone can be themselves at work.
Please note – if you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as the closing date for this advert may be earlier than stated should a number of suitably qualified candidates apply.