Senior Buyer - Strategic Commissioning Commercial Team
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join the Strategic Commissioning Commercial Team as a Senior Buyer.
You will be part of a team that leads on commercial procurement within the Council across a diverse number of categories. The role will primarily support the Commercial Leads in providing commercial expertise and professional advice relating to the procurement of works, goods and services.
The successful candidate will:
- Have excellent work ethic, be highly organised and able to manage and support on multiple projects;
- Have understanding of category management principles;
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with internal stakeholders and suppliers
- Have experience with managing public sector procurement processes that comply with legal frameworks as well as corporate and government policies;
- Have the ability to research, analyse and interpret data/information to support development of Procurement Plans/strategies; and
- Be able to write and present effectively and persuasively
Please ensure you complete the Reason for Applying within the application to evidence how you meet the Job Criteria. Only submitting CV’s may result in your application not being considered.
Interviews: Take place w/c 30th August 2021 (please note: due to the current COVID position, interviews will be set up to ensure adherence to government guidelines, so may be done remotely. More information will be provided should you be invited to interview)
For further information regarding this role, please contact: Kelly Roberts on 03000 416617
About the Company
KCC is committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the county's working residents, encouraging applications from people of all ages, abilities, genders, sexual orientations, ethnic backgrounds and faiths, and aspires to create an inclusive workplace where everyone can be themselves at work.
Please note – if you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as the closing date for this advert may be earlier than stated should a number of suitably qualified candidates apply.