Senior Administration Officer
Here at the Front Door Service for KCC Integrated Children’s Services, we receive and respond to all requests for support at an intensive level or above, ensuring that these are passed on to the most appropriate service for ongoing support and intervention.
We are currently looking for a permanent, part time (29.6 hours per week over 4 days), Senior Administration Officer. Your working days will be Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday)
The Front Door Business Support Team provides a comprehensive level of support to teams of Senior Social Workers, Team Managers and Front Door Officers. The role involves,
- the line management of up to 6 experienced Administration Officers,
- working collaboratively with the other Senior Administration Officers in the Team, to ensure the Front Door Business Support workload is well managed and
- providing a high standard business support service to the Assistant Director, Service Managers and Social Work Teams at the Front Door.
This is a busy, fast paced Service to work for and applicants will need to demonstrate resilience, problem solving skills, along with quick thinking and sound professional judgement when making decisions, all whilst remaining calm.
You must have excellent organisation and communication skills and be able to proactively manage your workload, whilst supporting the management of workload across the wider Team. You will have experience of line management, strong administrative, minuting and IT skills and the ability to collate and manage data. You will also need to demonstrate a confident manner in liaising with professionals and organisations, acting as an escalation point for queries or issues. The work is varied and demanding, and we need someone with a calm and organised approach who can make a positive contribution to the success of the team.
- A starting salary of £23,801 (pro rata) with performance related pay increases
- Option to enrol in the Local Government Pension scheme with KCC contributions totalling 21.3%
- 27 days paid annual leave per year (rising to 29 after 5 years' service) + bank holidays + a concessionary day
- Flexible working – currently one day working in our office at Kroner House and four days at home (subject to change) and we’ll provide you with the kit needed to work remotely
- Staff discounts on a range of leisure products and services through our Kent Rewards programme
- Access to a range of KCC staff groups providing support and development opportunities to staff across our diverse workforce
- Interviews will be held in person at Kroner House, Ashford on Monday 12th June
This post is considered by KCC to be a customer-facing position. The Council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English/Welsh sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the Job Description/Person Specification.
This post is subject to a Basic Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
For further information on this role, please contact:
Rhonda Elliott, Business and Administration Manager, 03000 422580
About the Company
KCC is committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the county's working residents, encouraging applications from people of all ages, abilities, genders, sexual orientations, ethnic backgrounds and faiths, and aspires to create an inclusive workplace where everyone can be themselves at work.
Please note – if you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as the closing date for this advert may be earlier than stated should a number of suitably qualified candidates apply.