Public Health Development Manager, Kent Surrey Sussex
Public Health Development Manager – Two years fixed term from start date
Health Education England (HEE) South East is establishing its first Kent, Surrey, Sussex School of Public Health and have partnered with Kent County Council to support this new development. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of and shape the new School in the region. This is a two year-fixed term post in the first instance hosted by Kent County Council.
We are looking for a professional, high performing Public Health Development Manager to join the KSS School of Public Health to help drive public health and wider workforce development for the region. This post will have a high profile and will lead on a regional programme to support HEE in the delivery of its public health and prevention priorities.
You will be expected to:
- Provide a high level of expert advice on public health training, education and workforce development.
- Lead a number of public health workforce development programmes in KSS and across the South East region.
- Be an active member of the wider HEE South East Public Health team.
- Work autonomously and independently with minimal supervision
You will need to have extensive knowledge and skills in:
- Excellent project management skills from conception to delivery including financial monitoring, planning, and improvement cycles
- High level of political awareness, diplomacy, and sensitivity
- Sound knowledge of policy and procedure and changing agendas across Kent, Surrey, and Sussex, including roles of teams, Officers and Members, partnership and education agencies and the political arena
- Understanding of governance and the importance of guidelines
- Understanding of workforce development and establishing training and education programmes
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills, both in writing and verbally, in order to communicate with staff at all levels, internally and externally
You will need to be an excellent team player and be able to establish good working relationships with a variety of teams and stakeholders throughout Kent, Surrey, Sussex, and the broader South East region.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about public health and motivated to make a difference to the health of the local and regional population through training and education. You will be part of a supportive team in an environment which supports individuals to grow and develop.
This is a hosted post on behalf of HEE KSS which will contribute to the development of the new KSS School of Public Health.
Kent operates safer recruitment procedures.
Kent County Council is committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We are committed to the Investors in People Standard.
This post is subject to a Basic Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
This post is considered by KCC to be a customer-facing position. The Council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English/Welsh sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the Job Description/Person Specification.
Interviews: w/c 08/11/2021
For further information on this role please contact:
Ceirwen Thomas - firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Company
KCC is committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the county's working residents, encouraging applications from people of all ages, abilities, genders, sexual orientations, ethnic backgrounds and faiths, and aspires to create an inclusive workplace where everyone can be themselves at work.
Please note – if you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as the closing date for this advert may be earlier than stated should a number of suitably qualified candidates apply.