Policy and Quality Assurance Officer
Policy and Quality Assurance Officer (KR11) – Policy and Quality Assurance Team, within the Strategic Safeguarding, Practice, Policy & Quality Assurance Unit.
Do you want to make a real difference to the quality of service we provide adults in Kent?
Do you have the following experience and skills:
- A professional qualification i.e. Social Worker, Nurse or Occupational Therapist (degree level or equivalent), and registered with the regulatory body
- Experience of professional and operational practice in working with people with care and support needs and their carers.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to interpret and succinctly/clearly write reports and briefings from a wide range of sources
- The development of accessible materials for learning and the delivery of presentations to diverse audiences.
- A flexible and organised approach, with the ability to work autonomously
- Experience in undertaking quality assurance activities, including reviewing and scrutinising data to understand the meaning and implications for practice
- A clear commitment to further personal and professional development
We are delighted to be offering an exciting opportunity to recruit 2 x Policy and Quality Assurance Officers to contribute to the work already being undertaken within the team, as well as playing a pivotal role in supporting Kent Adult Social Care prepare for the Care Quality Commission (CQC) inspection. The post will be a 2 year fixed term contract and then reviewed towards the end of the fixed period. For internal KCC applicants, there may be opportunities for flexible deployment or secondment, but must speak to your line manager in advance of applying.
As a Policy and Quality Assurance Officer, you would be responsible for supporting and co-ordinating the development and implementation of key aspects of policy, procedures and operational practice guidance. You will draw on your previous knowledge and expertise, or be able to undertake the necessary research and link with relevant subject matter experts, to provide advice, support and expertise to practitioners and managers in order to improve service provision and quality across the Directorate. You will be required to use quality assurance monitoring processes, including auditing activity, and draw on professional standards to establish and promote an open culture of learning and continuous improvement as part of a reflective approach in order to raise practice standards and improve outcomes for the people of Kent.
This is countywide post based at Invicta House in Maidstone; the ability to travel around the county as needed is essential, but we support flexible working arrangements and hybrid working. We are a small, highly supportive team with regular opportunities to meet up (virtually and in person) to share ideas and work in a collaborative manner.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service and to the registration as a qualified Social Worker/Nurse/OT.
This post is considered by KCC to be a customer-facing position. The Council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English/Welsh sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the Job Description/Person Specification.
As part of the formal interview process for this role, you will be required to read some information and complete a written exercise. Interviews will be held in Maidstone, Kent.
For more information, please contact Chloë Williams on 03000 414304 or Ecaterina Porumb on 03000 412473.
About the Company
KCC is committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the county's working residents, encouraging applications from people of all ages, abilities, genders, sexual orientations, ethnic backgrounds and faiths, and aspires to create an inclusive workplace where everyone can be themselves at work.
Please note – if you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as the closing date for this advert may be earlier than stated should a number of suitably qualified candidates apply.