Mental Health Social Worker
Mental Health social work in Kent has recently undergone an exciting transformation which has enabled us to develop a service based on recovery and social inclusion principles, designed to be accessible to anyone needing mental health and wellbeing support in both Primary and Secondary Care including those people who fall through the gaps between services.
The Mental Health Service which is co located with our health colleagues, is now looking to appoint Social Workers for the Maidstone locality.
The role will offer you plenty of opportunities to both undertake and contribute to training initiatives and in-house core training courses, while assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating appropriate recovery plans. We are committed to working in co-production with service users and carers, within a recovery approach which maximises self-determination and empowerment. Working alongside multi-disciplinary colleagues and with other agencies, including Acute and Community Trusts, Primary Care Services and the voluntary sector you will support service users and carers to develop personalised care and support plans which draw on community resources in order to achieve the most positive outcomes.
You will be registered as a social worker with Social Work England, you will have a degree in Social Work, CQSW/Dipsw or equivalent (or on the verge of completing your social work degree).
You must also possess:
- Evidence of successful completion of the Assessed and Supported year in Employment (ASYE) or be willing to work towards this if Newly Qualified.
- Experience in Mental health is required along with a good working knowledge of all relevant Mental Health and Social Care legislation and Codes of Practice. You must also have a good understanding of Social Work England requirements.
- A robust working knowledge of mental health conditions and treatments, and approaches to social work intervention.
- Good computer literacy and report writing skills. Excellent interpersonal skills and mediation and negotiation skills.
- Working knowledge of the Care Act 2014, ability to work in partnership with people, the Kent Enablement and Recovery Service (KERS) and with our Strategic Partners to help identify services or resources in the community that can support well-being.
In return we will support you through the Social Care Academy to achieve your career ambitions.
External Newly Qualified Social Workers applicants are currently eligible for a £2000 "Golden Hello" payment after appointment.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure application to the Disclosure and Barring service and registration as a qualified Social Worker with Social Work England.
This post is considered by KCC to be a customer-facing position. The Council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English/Welsh sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the Job Description/Person Specification.
For further information regarding this role, please contact: Steve Lewis, Telephone 03000 412862
About the Company
KCC is committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the county's working residents, encouraging applications from people of all ages, abilities, genders, sexual orientations, ethnic backgrounds and faiths, and aspires to create an inclusive workplace where everyone can be themselves at work.
Please note – if you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as the closing date for this advert may be earlier than stated should a number of suitably qualified candidates apply.