Membership Scheme Vetting Officer
Membership Scheme Vetting Officer
We have an exciting opportunity for a Scheme Vetting Officer to join our countywide membership scheme, Trading Standards Checked. You will be working in a small team, dedicated to providing high quality customer service and performing a range of vetting and due diligence checks.
- Do you have outstanding attention to detail?
- Do you want to be part of a dynamic and innovative team that supports traders and protects residents in Kent?
- Do you have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal?
If yes, we want to hear from you.
You will have experience of working in an office, ideally working in fast-paced environments where accuracy, thoroughness and confidentiality is essential. You will have a good knowledge of computer systems, experience of entering and extracting data on to databases and researching on a variety of open and closed sources. You will be able to work effectively as part of a busy team, prioritising work and demonstrating flexibility, and you will be able to fully appreciate the need for accuracy and detail.
We are looking for someone who is motivated and keen to learn quickly. If this sounds like you, then we would encourage you to apply.
As a member of staff, you will have access to a competitive range of benefits including:
- Exclusive staff discounts/cashback on a range of products and services through our Kent Rewards programme.
- Flexible working – work from home or the office as required, and we’ll provide you with the equipment to work remotely.
- A starting salary of £22,595 with annual performance-related pay increases.
- Access to a range of KCC staff groups providing support and development opportunities to staff across our diverse workforce.
- A wide range of health and wellbeing support.
- 27 days annual leave rising to 29 after 5 years, plus bank holidays.
- The option to enroll in the Local Government Pension Scheme with employer matched contributions.
Kent County Council’s values are:
- We are brave. We do the right thing, we accept and offer challenge.
- We are curious to innovate and improve.
- We are compassionate, understanding and respectful to all.
- We are strong together by sharing knowledge.
- We are all responsible for the difference we make.
The post holder will be required to successfully complete a Non-Police Personnel Vetting Level 2 prior to commencement of employment.
This post is subject to a Basic Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
A full induction and extensive training will be provided to the successful candidate. Interviews will be held at Kings Hill or on Microsoft Teams if required.
Previous applicants need not apply.
For more information about the role, please contact Lucy Miller on 03000 413435 or by email:-
About the Company
KCC is committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the county's working residents, encouraging applications from people of all ages, abilities, genders, sexual orientations, ethnic backgrounds and faiths, and aspires to create an inclusive workplace where everyone can be themselves at work.
Please note – if you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as the closing date for this advert may be earlier than stated should a number of suitably qualified candidates apply.