Early Help Support Worker - Tonbridge and Malling District Childrens Centre team
Children’s Centres are a key part of Kent’s Early Help offer and provide a welcoming one-stop shop for families with children predominately aged 0-5 years. They are friendly, supportive environments in which a wide range of sessions, activities and events are delivered or coordinated. These include stay and play groups, breastfeeding support, young parents’ groups, courses, health services and much more. The Centres are placed at the heart of communities to enable parents to access the help they need and provide the best possible start in life for their children.
We require a hardworking, committed and passionate person to join the Tonbridge and Malling District Children’s Centre team. Line managed and supported by motivated and experienced local managers, the role of a Children’s Centre Early Help Support Worker is to be part of a team of staff providing help and guidance to children and their families.
Your role will include:
- Providing an environment that is welcoming and supportive to all children and young people who attend the sessions such as Stay and Play, Crèches, Physical Play and Baby groups.
- Warmly meeting and greeting members of the public attending the Children’s Centres and providing information and support through the services available.
- Making sure the Centre is set up for the day’s activities, solving resource problems quickly and responding flexibly to changes in the Centre’s programme.
- Contacting new parents by phone to offer welcome visits and working with families in their homes to provide support and advice.
- Working as a team to provide services for children and families, working across the district.
- You will lead and deliver high quality play environments and ensure stimulating play opportunities for children. Ensuring environments are learning rich, and will use the EYFS guidance to plan, observe and evaluate children’s progress.
If you are looking for a job with that combination of daily satisfaction, making a difference to children and families, then this could be the job for you.
The full-time post will be based in Woodlands Children's Centre in East Malling; however you will also be required to work across Tonbridge and Malling so will need to be able to travel across the district in a timely manner.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
This post is considered by KCC to be a customer-facing position. The Council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English/Welsh sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the Job Description/Person Specification.
For more information about the role, please contact Helen Foskett on 03000 415225 or by email at Helen.Foskett@kent.gov.uk
About the Company
KCC is committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the county's working residents, encouraging applications from people of all ages, abilities, genders, sexual orientations, ethnic backgrounds and faiths, and aspires to create an inclusive workplace where everyone can be themselves at work.
Please note – if you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as the closing date for this advert may be earlier than stated should a number of suitably qualified candidates apply.