Early Help Support Worker - Children Centres
Early Help within KCC Integrated Children’s Services provides targeted support to children and young people aged 0-19 (25) and their families. Open Access provision is delivered through our network of Youth Hubs and Children’s Centres and through outreach work in the community and by one-to-one bespoke interventions with individuals.
Kent Children’s Centres offer a friendly one-stop shop for families with children aged 0-8. They are welcoming places which offer activities, health services, training opportunities and parenting support. They offer high quality play and learning environments and ensure stimulating opportunities for children. The centres are placed at the heart of communities to enable parents to access the help they need and provide the best start in life for their young children.
- You will hold a recognised qualification and have professional work background relevant to the job you are applying for e.g., family support/youth work/health/education. Early years experience is an essential part of the role.
- Be passionate about changing outcomes for children and young people.
- Have good communication skills to engage children and young people and families to participate in Open Access services. This will include working with parents, and you will demonstrate the ability to establish warm, respectful, and supportive relationships with children across all age groups along with their parents, families, and carers.
- A team player as well as able to work on own initiative.
- Have knowledge of safeguarding and relevant legislation.
- Ability to work in partnership across a range of providers including Health, Schools, and voluntary organisations.
- Willingness to work across the sites and the District as required.
In return, you will join established teams and work with supportive colleagues and have access to a workforce development plan for your professional growth. Join us!
The job role requires you to be mobile with the ability to travel in a timely and flexible manner across the wide geographical area throughout the county of Kent and is essential for carrying out the duties of this post.
This post is considered by KCC to be a customer-facing position. The Council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English/Welsh sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the Job Description/Person Specification.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service
Interviews: Monday 13th June 2022
For more information on this role, please contact Andrea Parker on 03000 419 367
About the Company
KCC is committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the county's working residents, encouraging applications from people of all ages, abilities, genders, sexual orientations, ethnic backgrounds and faiths, and aspires to create an inclusive workplace where everyone can be themselves at work.
Please note – if you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as the closing date for this advert may be earlier than stated should a number of suitably qualified candidates apply.