While this is a full time vacancy, we would welcome applications from candidates seeking part time work of 20 or more hours per week.
We are currently looking to recruit a Commissioning Assistant to join Kent County Council’s Children’s Commissioning team within the Children, Young People and Education directorate.
This role will work to support delivery of all aspects of the commissioning cycle and achieve positive outcomes for KCC and the children and young people of Kent. This will include a variety of tasks such as: supporting procurement processes; supporting contract management and monitoring; maintaining spreadsheets and analysing data; working in partnership across KCC, our partners and the market; and identifying best practice and lessons learnt.
As well as the experience, skills and knowledge outlined in the person specification, applicants should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Understanding of commissioning or procurement
- Willingness and commitment to personal and professional development
- Ability to prioritise work to meet required deadlines and to work on their own initiative and as part of a team to produce end results
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills, and an ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
In return, we can offer:
- Starting salary of £25,378 per annum for full-time roles, part time will be pro rata with performance related pay increases
- Option to enrol in the Local Government Pension scheme, with KCC contributions totalling 21.3%
- 27 days paid annual leave per year (rising to 29 after 5 years' service), plus bank holidays and a concessionary day
- Flexible working – with the opportunity to work from home as well as from the office (frequency subject to agreement), and we’ll provide you with the kit needed to work remotely
- Staff discounts on a range of leisure products and services through our Kent Rewards programme
- Access to a range of KCC staff groups providing support and development opportunities to staff across our diverse workforce.
This post is subject to a Basic Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Interviews are scheduled to take place via Microsoft Teams in the week commencing Monday 11th December 2023.
Please note that we do not anticipate shortlisting candidates who have recently been unsuccessful in applying for this role.
This post is considered by KCC to be a customer-facing position. The Council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English/Welsh sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the Job Description/Person Specification.
About the Company
KCC is committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the county's working residents, encouraging applications from people of all ages, abilities, genders, sexual orientations, ethnic backgrounds and faiths, and aspires to create an inclusive workplace where everyone can be themselves at work.
Please note – if you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as the closing date for this advert may be earlier than stated should a number of suitably qualified candidates apply.