CRU Social Worker Safeguarding Adults
The Adult Safeguarding Team is part of the Central Referral Unit which is a multi-agency partnership with Police, NHS and Social Care. The working environment of CRU offers the opportunity for practitioners to develop and hone their skills to enhance their progression in safeguarding.
The team is required to fast track and manage risk assessment and strategy planning for new safeguarding referrals in relation to vulnerable adults across Kent.
The team are looking for motivated, professional individuals with experience of, or willing to gain experience, in the following areas:-
- Working in safeguarding as an Inquiry Officer under the direction of a Designated Senior Officer
- Competent in evaluating safeguarding concerns
- Able to work under pressure to make critical decisions
- Committed to high standards of practice whilst providing a timely response to referrals.
Kent County Council value their staff and as part of our commitment to you we ensure all staff receive:
- A comprehensive induction.
- Regular supervision and a personal action plan to support your career development
- An annual appraisal.
- Access to a wide range of training and development opportunities to support you in your role.
If you feel you have the qualities it takes and the desire to work in a multi-agency environment we would love to hear from you.
We would positively welcome applicants contacting Lynette Frost , Team Manager on 03000 411104 to have an informal discussion and gain a greater understanding of the role and remit of CRU.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure application to the Disclosure and Barring service and a professional Social Work Qualification and up to date registration.
This post is considered by KCC to be a customer-facing position. The Council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English/Welsh sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the Job Description/Person Specification.
- Social Worker position at KR 9 (£29,446 to £33,510 depending on experience) or KR 10 (£33,678 to £39,613 depending on experience)
- Relocation packages up to a maximum of £8,000
- Annual leave allowance of 27 to 30 days depending on grade and experience
Interviews will be held on Thursday the 27th August 2020.
For further information on this role please contact Lynette Frost on 03000 411104.