Business Support Lead
We have an exciting opportunity for a part-time (24 hours a week) Business Support Lead to join Integrated Children's Services working with Children in Care Service in East Kent, Thanet district.
The role requires excellent organisational and communication skills. As Business Support Lead you will supervise a team of Children in Care business support staff, ensuring processes and systems are effective, up to date and accurate. You must be able to proactively manage your workload whilst responding to urgent requests and deadlines. You will have strong administrative, finance, minuting and IT skills and the ability to collate and manage data.
You will need to demonstrate a confident manner in liaising with professionals and organisations, acting as a contact point for the service, coordinating a range of meetings and monitoring staff performance. The work is interesting, varied and demanding, and we need someone with a calm and organised approach who can make a positive contribution to the success of the team. We are looking for someone who is flexible and occasional travel within North Kent may be required.
Benefits and Rewards
As a member of staff you will have access to a competitive range of benefits, including:
- a starting salary of £21,801 with performance related pay increases
- the option to enrol into the excellent Local Government Pension scheme
- a generous holiday entitlement + bank holidays + a concessionary day
- a range of leave options to help you manage your work/life balance such as:
- carers leave
- maternity leave
- personal leave
- timeout/career break
- study leave
- religious observance
- flexible working – work from home or office as required and we’ll provide you with the kit needed to work remotely
- sickness provision
- training and career development opportunities
- ability to buy annual leave
- one-off cash and non-cash payments for excellent performance
- access to a range of local and national discounts and cashback through our Kent Rewards website.
This post is considered by KCC to be a customer-facing position. The Council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English/Welsh sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the Job Description/Person Specification.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
For further information regarding this role, please contact:
Dan Masters at firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Company
KCC is committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the county's working residents, encouraging applications from people of all ages, abilities, genders, sexual orientations, ethnic backgrounds and faiths, and aspires to create an inclusive workplace where everyone can be themselves at work.
Please note – if you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as the closing date for this advert may be earlier than stated should a number of suitably qualified candidates apply.