Business Support Lead - Folkestone and Hythe Children's Social Work Team
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Business Support Lead within Integrated Children's Services in the Folkestone and Hythe Children’s Social Work Team based at Cheriton House, Folkestone Kent.
Kent Integrated Children's Service provides a wide range of support to Kent's children and young people across Early Help and Preventative Services and Children’s Social Work Services. As well as working across these two divisions, we work with a number of partner organisations to make sure we can deliver the best possible outcomes. Our Business Support teams play a vital role supporting front-line teams and practitioners through provision of professional administrative support.
The role will oversee the effective and smooth running of our Business Support provision including supervision of a team of Business Support Staff. You will be responsible for ensuring processes and systems are effective, up-to-date and accurate. You must be able to proactively manage your workload and the workload of your team whilst responding to urgent requests and deadlines.
The Business Support Service aims to;
- Deliver an integrated and highly effective business support service.
- Ensure children, young people and families are at the heart of everything we do.
- Work together, share knowledge and support each other.
- Innovate and improve.
- Promote continuous personal and professional development.
The role requires excellent organisational and communication skills, you will need a calm and organised approach and be able to make a positive contribution to the success of the team. We are looking for someone who is flexible with a can-do attitude backed by strong administrative, minuting and IT skills and the ability to collate and manage data.
A full list of responsibilities is outlined within the JD; however, we are more focused on your drive, potential and aptitude for learning and provide comprehensive induction and training for the right candidate.
- A starting salary of £23,801 with annual performance related pay increases
- Option to enrol in the Local Government Pension scheme with employer matched contributions.
- 27 days paid annual leave per year (rising to 29 after 5 years’ service) + bank holidays + a concessionary day.
- A range of flexible leave options to help you manage your work/life balance such as Carers leave, Maternity leave, Personal Leave, Timeout/career break, Study leave, religious observance.
- Flexible working – work from home or office as per the business need and we’ll provide you with the kit needed to work remotely.
- Staff discounts on a range of leisure products and services through our Kent Rewards programme
This post is subject to a Basic Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
This post is considered by KCC to be a customer-facing position. The Council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English/Welsh sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the Job Description/Person Specification.
About your application - Please read: Within the ‘Reason for Application’ section of your application, please demonstrate how you meet the criteria within the person specification attached to the Job Description.
For further information on this role, please contact:
About the Company
KCC is committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the county's working residents, encouraging applications from people of all ages, abilities, genders, sexual orientations, ethnic backgrounds and faiths, and aspires to create an inclusive workplace where everyone can be themselves at work.
Please note – if you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as the closing date for this advert may be earlier than stated should a number of suitably qualified candidates apply.