Business Support Assistant
The 1,001 days from pregnancy to the age of two set the foundations for an individual’s cognitive, emotional and physical development. KCC's Open Access Childrens Centres play a vital role in supporting Early Years development and our Business Support Assistants are instrumental in being a first point of contact, welcoming and supporting families accessing our range of services delivered by our Early Help professionals and partner agencies.
You will be responsible for providing full confidential administrative support to assist in the smooth running of Open Access provision at Little Foxes Children's Centre, supporting the opening and closing of buildings as well as being the first point of contact for staff, visitors, and partner agencies. The Business Support Service aims to:
- Deliver an integrated and highly effective business support service
- Ensure children, young people and families are at the heart of everything we do
- Work together, share knowledge and support each other
- Innovate and improve
- Promote continuous personal and professional development
You will be comfortable engaging with members of the public, helping to create a welcoming and positive environment for our service users. You’ll be able to work well under pressure and possess good IT skills, accuracy, the ability to meet deadlines and to maintain and process accurate and timely records. A full list of responsibilities is outlined within the JD, however we are more focused on your drive, potential and aptitude for learning and provide comprehensive induction and training for the right candidate.
Please be aware that this vacancy is based at Little Foxes Children's Centre, however you will be required at times to cover other buildings in the Tonbridge and Malling District.
- A salary of £21,293
- Option to enrol in the Local Government Pension scheme with employer matched contributions
- 26 days paid annual leave per year (rising to 28 after 5 years service) + bank holidays + a concessionary day
- A range of flexible leave options to help you manage your work/life balance such as Carers leave, Maternity leave, Personal Leave, Timeout/career break, Study leave, Religious observance
- Staff discounts on a range of leisure products and services through our Kent Rewards programme
This post is considered by KCC to be a customer-facing position. The Council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English/Welsh sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the Job Description/Person Specification.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
For further information on this role please contact Holly Burns
About the Company
KCC is committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the county's working residents, encouraging applications from people of all ages, abilities, genders, sexual orientations, ethnic backgrounds and faiths, and aspires to create an inclusive workplace where everyone can be themselves at work.
Please note – if you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as the closing date for this advert may be earlier than stated should a number of suitably qualified candidates apply.