Some exciting opportunities have arisen for motivated and committed Administration Officers to join either the Children’s Commissioning team (part of the Children, Young People and Education Directorate) or the Adults / Integrated Commissioning Team (part of the Adult Social Care and Health Directorate).
You will provide administrative support to the respective Commissioning teams. These are newly established teams that have recently formed as part of a new commissioning model, to ensure the Council is able to integrate and work more closely and effectively with Health partners, local authorities, and the NHS on Children’s and Adult Social Care services.
You will need to be highly organised, flexible, and able to prioritise work to meet the needs of the team. Good administrative skills, excellent knowledge of computer systems (or the capability to quickly learn new systems) including Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), and the ability to take high quality minutes during meetings are essential.
Support from team members and regular formal supervision will be provided, as well as training that will support you both professionally and personally.
Various Hours Available (37 hours per week for full time or a minimum of 16 hours per week for part time) Work that works for you and us – let’s talk flexibility!
When applying, please use the ‘Reason for Application’ section to demonstrate how you meet the criteria in the person specification attached to the job description.
- Starting salary of £22,595 per annum for full time and pro rata for part time with performance related pay increases
- Option to enrol in the Local Government Pension scheme with KCC contributions totalling 21.3%
- 27 days paid annual leave per year (rising to 29 after 5 years' service), plus bank holidays and a concessionary day
- Flexible working – with the opportunity to work from home as well as from the office (frequency subject to agreement), and we’ll provide you with the kit needed to work remotely
- Staff discounts on a range of leisure products and services through our Kent Rewards programme
- Access to a range of KCC staff groups providing support and development opportunities to staff across our diverse workforce.
This post is subject to a Basic Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
This post is considered by KCC to be a customer-facing position. The Council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English/Welsh sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the Job Description/Person Specification.
Interviews are scheduled to take place on 16th and 18th October 2023.
For further information on this role please contact Robbie.Hand@kent.gov.uk.
About the Company
KCC is committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the county's working residents, encouraging applications from people of all ages, abilities, genders, sexual orientations, ethnic backgrounds and faiths, and aspires to create an inclusive workplace where everyone can be themselves at work.
Please note – if you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as the closing date for this advert may be earlier than stated should a number of suitably qualified candidates apply.